November 23, 2016
10 Steps to better sleep
1. Have a strict routine involving regular and adequate sleeping times
2. Have a relaxing bedtime routine enabling – relax & ‘wind down’ before bedtime
3. Have a hot drink
4. Sleep in a familiar, dark and quiet room
5. Don’t become anxious or annoyed and try to force yourself to sleep.
6. Take regular exercise during the daytime
7. Implement some simple lifestyle changes
8. Eat adequate evening meal containing balance of complex carbohydrates & protein.
9. Avoid caffeine, alcohol, and tobacco, particularly in the evening
10. If insomnia persists despite these measures, seek advice from a physician